It’s early morning, and you’ve woken up to get ready for work. You’ve poured your coffee – the sweet elixir that helps you make it through the day. You walk over to your sink, which gives you a beautiful view to look outside and see the magnificent sunrise. You’re looking out, but you’re not interested in the sunrise. Instead, something else has caught your eye, and it’s disturbing. . . a cracked window.
One of the first things anyone notices about a home – and definitely something a homeowner would notice – are the windows. People tend to hide from doing anything to spruce up their windows and make their house stand. Some people may just stay away from window replacements because they don’t know the benefits in upgrading their windows. But, make no mistake about it, doing a window replacement project has many benefits that will make you consider starting a window replacement project.
- First, replacing your old windows helps build curb appeal. Older windows on your home may look outdated or unattractive, and changing out the windows with new, replacement windows will help give your home the look for which you are aiming. On top of that, you’ll be able to look out on the beautiful sunrise and have joy and thankfulness in your heart instead of sadness and bitterness.
- One more note on the value of window replacements: it truly does make your view so much better. Your old windows may have become foggy, scratched or dirty over time. Beginning a window replacement project with new glass can help give you a clearer view of the outside world. Waking up in the morning and seeing a serene environment is so much better than seeing a cracked window which puts you in a bad mood, and doesn’t improve the look of your home.
- A window replacement project can help make your home more energy efficient overall. Window leaks are a huge problem when it comes to keeping a house warm in the winter, or cool in the summer. Older windows tend to have air leaks and let drafts into the home. A little air around your windows isn’t uncommon; however, if you start noticing the air leak because of rattling windows then you’ll need to consider a window replacement project. The improved efficiency can help cut costs on heating and cooling bills!
Right now, you may be thinking that you don’t know if you need to do a window replacement project. Or you may be thinking that you just don’t need to do something because you don’t see the value that can be created by doing a project of this nature. Below are some points that may prove that you will need to do a window replacement project in the near future.
- The first reason is style. Now, we know that not everyone is going to be concerned with style, and won’t necessarily see that as a reason to do a window replacement project. However, as stated above, it does help curb appeal. If you’re looking to sell your home any time soon, and you have old or outdated windows, it could be a drawback for potential buyers. Consider upgrading those windows to something new, and see how people will respond differently to your house.
- Another reason to consider a window replacement project is because of defects. As windows age, they become more inclined to have defects. Defects can be anything from having drafts and air leaks, to water intrusions and condensation, or cracks and rot. It’s always best to make sure that you protect your home as best as you possibly can, and having defective windows that don’t protect against the elements does not bring quality. Speaking of protection. . .
- Safety and security is a huge factor. Your windows are an entry and exit to your home, and windows that don’t lock or close correctly are a security risk. Burglars and intruders look for certain signs from windows to know just how easy it would be to enter into your home. Cracks or breaks in the glass, corrosion on metal frames, or rot on the window sill weaken the overall strength of the windows. At the end of the day, your windows need to open and close properly for the safety of you and your loved ones, and doing a window replacement project can help bring a peace of mind and comfort to your life.
A window replacement project is a fantastic investment for your home, and one of the easiest and simplest was to increase curb appeal and value. It may be the hardest decision you make to undertake a window replacement project, but it is one you will feel great about doing.
As always, Inch By Inch Construction is here to help you with your window replacement project. We help take the hassle off of you, and make your window replacement project simple and easy. Call to get your free quote today!